2009 was a busy year for me in the world of quiltmaking! I decided to make each one of my family members a birthday quilt and surprised myself by not missing a deadline all year. I even managed to squeeze in a few extra quilts amidst all the birthday busyness. My lifetime goal is 1000 quilts and 2009 gave me a push in the right direction!

Brandon's birthday quilt, 12-31-08, with his State Trooper badge number on it.

Lucas' birthday quilt, 3-19-09

Bristol's birthday quilt, 3-24-09
The night before Mom and Sterling were going to Haiti in March, '09, Havilah and I decided to make quilts for our sponsored children in Haiti. We dug through the scraps in the basement and made three quilts with lightening speed! This is for Ricarly, the Haitian boy Bristol and I sponsor.
For Djbenda, the Haitian girl Sterling sponsors.
For Nakisha, the Haitian girl Dad and Mom sponsor.

Lacey's birthday quilt, 3-30-09
I had help making this raffle quilt for Simple Grace Ministries. This quilt was raffled on 4-1-09.
I made this for baby Robin when she came to Mardel's home. 4-'09

Dad's birthday quilt, 5-9-09

Mom's birthday quilt, 7-31-09 (before the red wine vinegar!)
Blake's birthday quilt, 8-27-09
Nick's fiancee, Brittany's birthday quilt, 9-21-09
I couldn't not make a quilt for my good friend Sammy Siegmann since I was making so many this year! I made this one for her birthday, 10-10-09.

Everett's baby quilt, 11-26-09

A raffle quilt I helped make for a Christian school. It was made in '09 and raffled in February, 2010.
To finish the year out right, I made a quilt for each of my grandparents for Christmas (and Grandma's birthday, since it's December 25th). This is Grandma's, given to her 12-25-09.
Not pictured: Nick's birthday quilt, 2-11-09. I forgot to take a picture before I shipped it to him!
Stay tuned for a post of 2010's quilts!
No comments:
Post a Comment